Q. How can I get an article with only a citation my instructor gave me?


First check the UCSC Library catalogue, Cruzcat, to see whether UCSC has either electronic access or a print copy of the volume and issue of the journal in which the article you're seeking is contained. 


If not, use UC's Citation Linker. First, enter as much citation information as you have in the form. Once you click 'Continue', select 'Request this from the library' and fill in your contact information. If there is a library that has the volume and issue of the journal you need, they will scan the article in question, after which you will receive an e-mail from the Library's Interlibrary Loan unit containing a link to the scanned article.


There is no added cost to you for this service.

  • Last Updated May 21, 2018
  • Views 10
  • Answered By Ken Lyons

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0